OK - I Give Up

sasquatchgeoff

I have been fighting this port forwarding issue for so long my eye is starting to twitch.

Here is my deal:

Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window) - yellow triangle

What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes - Error! Port 64*** does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5). (using peer guardian 2)

What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent) - connection type: 640K

What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent) - 8

Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?) XP SP2

Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware) Eset Nod 32 2.7

Exact router model(s), and exact modem model Zyxel Zywall 2WG

ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used - Qwest DSL 3000/640 - Micro$oft Live - Actiontec M1000

Intel Prescott EE 3.0, 2gig DDR PC3200

the zywall is a beast to configure but infinitely flexible - that may be part of my problem. I have transparent bridging set on the M1000 with ppOE set from the WAN ui.

I have to go take some more ibuprofen...

TIA - geoff

Archived