Downloaded Files "Aren't Accessible. Access is denied."

wicked.sike

I've read and searched through google and this site but haven't found similar results to my problem, which seems to be easy to fix, but I'm a computer-dummy.

I think this was what happened: I finished downloading 2 files then moved them to another folder. As simple as it gets, I couldn't do anything to the files; delete or move or anything. I've been dl files without a problem since then.

To try to fix this, I tried going to my security tab on the 2 files (actually folders if it's important) and I couldn't find the security tab. Where do I find it???

I'm almost 100% positive that uTorrent has done something incidentally because of my small mistake. If anybody needs this log thing, is it important? I would rather not download Hijackthis....... -_-

Access Denied can be caused if you don't have sufficient access rights... if you don't have Security tab available.. where are you saving to? After you moved the data, did you, in uTorrent, right click the torrent, click advanced, then select set download location and click on the new location of the FILE/FOLDER. Then when you start the torrent again it will verify data and continue downloading or seeding.

Vista doesn't let you save to Program Files as a normal user... you're not trying to save there are you?

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem on Vista when I was trying to download music files. It seems the Media Player was monitoring my default directories e.g C:\User\*.* where uTorrent saves downloads by default. I couldnt turn this off so the simplest way to solve this was to change the directory that uTorrent downloads to e.g. C:\uTorrentMusic\

Archived