Add file checkbox

steinarj

Hi there

I'm very happy with the new uTorrent Mac but the first thing i noticed that could be added to the software is a checkbox to be able to select only the files you want to download within each torrent (not exclusively when you open a torrent like the pc version).

This would add a new column in the files window and the user would be able to check and uncheck a file at any stage of downloading.

For references I used to be a Transmission user and absolutely hated the low speed but this feature is included in they're software so check it out for an example of my idea.

thanks.

Steinar

I second this! I simply will not use the program without this feature. I am using Transmission until this is fixed. I look forward to using uTorrent. I used it before i switched to Mac and the features i've seen in the beta are great except this critical exclusion. I know you know how to do it because the PC version has this feature! Please fix ASAP!

Although this is the practical way to do it, there is another way to achieve a similar thing.

If you right click on a file, there will be a option called Don't Download and that command can be applied to multiple files but I believe my suggestion is like I said, more practical.

Having both features is also a solution.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe this feature should be added asap. I have tried uTorrent on Windows only couple times and was very happy how easy you can check not only files but whole folder. It is very convenient if you are downloading torrent with 20 folders with 10 files in each and you need only two folders.

This is the main reason why I don't like azureus, because every time I have to check 20 files instead of two folders.

• 5 months later...

Yes i agree completely it definitely does need this feature, i have used uTorrent for PC's in the past and i love this feature please add it for the mac version, as for the other option where you right click on the file and select don't download, i have tried this and i have found that it makes those files come up selected as skip but for some reason they seem to still be downloading or at least partially downloading, it is very frustrating, so if this feature could be added as quickly as possible it would be greatly appreciated.

Archived