Navigate away from page, download/upload speed shifts

spmocyt

This is probably going to sound bizarre but I noticed it with limewire as well. I'll be watching my active downloads and the ratio of down/up speed will be good. I'll start doing something else with microtorrent still running in the background and when I return to it the upload speeds are now well above the downloads. I'll then leave microtorrent in the foreground and the ratios will re-adjust before my eyes. Does anyone have any info on this? Windows XP Professional, IE7, Dual Core, 4gig, gigabit, fios 20/5. Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

it's as if navigating away from utorrent to do something else might somehow designate it a background service and lower the windows priority. I'm not familiar with the ctrl+G, please explain. thanks

yes kristy, when the page is left on mt the downloads exceed upload speeds, it's just something I notice when I switch back and forth from work to mt but it's tricky to catch (kinda like closing the fridge door slowly to see if the light turns off : - ) I'm going to try split screening with mt on one side and my workspace on the other so I can watch it.

Archived