just a rough speed estimate please

weeesy

Hi

Please can someone give me a rough speed estimate. I am downloading a torrent with 14(60) seeds and 53(180) peers.

I have a 1mb isp connection. After doing a speed test the results were :- upstream <300kbps and downstream >900kbps.

When using the speed guide network wizard in the 1.4 version it asks for upload speed so I have set it to connection type xx/256k.(is this right?).

Please can someone estimate max Down speed (KB/s).

Thanks

Hi

Please can someone give me a rough speed estimate. I am downloading a torrent with 14(60) seeds and 53(180) peers.

Please can someone estimate max Down speed (KB/s).

Thanks

Nobody can really answer a question like that because it depends a lot on those peers and seeds. However, from what little you have given, I would think it passable if you are getting over 20KB/s. 80KB/s sustained is probably the best you should really expect, though of course a burst right up to the max speed of your connection isn't out of the question - so much depends on your peers (and the Earth's magnetic field, the tides, the zodiac... :D )

If you're uploading faster than 10 KB/sec, any download speed faster than your upload speed is a bonus -- you can only get those speeds on good torrents.

For those that upload faster than 40 KB/sec, there are many torrents that they can't even get 40 KB/sec download speeds in return.

Archived