utorrent lost all downloads....

zahi_k

Hello,

I've been using utorrent for a while on my PC.

Yesterday i restated the PC and when i opened utorrent, it asked me to set the configuration from scratch... like i have just installed it.... all the items that i download that was pending on downloads are lost....

is it a bug? how do i fix it.... do i have to re-download everything that was pending on my list from scratch?

Thanks,

Look at resume.dat and .dat.old in %appdata%\utorrent. If the size is 1 or 2 kB, your history has been erased.

if not, maybe you can rename resume.dat.old in resume.dat (back up a copy before doing this) and restart uT.

Another solution is to reload your torrents in uT to leech/seed again because your data are still on your HD.

http://www.utorrent.com/migration_guide.php (use autoload procedure for a lot of torrents)

• 1 year later...

Hey, I had the same problem. I was downloading a large torrent and it was half done. I had switched off my PC to resume the download later, but after I switched on my PC and started uTorrent all the files that were downloading and the files that had been downloaded (for seeding) were missing!

Afraid that I had lost all the data I googled for help and was very glad to find out that the same problem was faced by a few before and there was a solution for it!

Solution :

1. Start the new torrent for re-download and then stop the torrent.

2. Now delete the current torrent file from the download location and now make sure that the download location of the torrent is where your old file is.

3. Right click on the stopped torrent and select "Force Recheck".

This will resume the torrent from the old file, it takes quite a while though, but its obviously better than downloading from the scratch.

Hope it helps.

P.S. The solution was posted in this post - http://www.utorrent.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3262

Archived