Thibor Question

Cydud3

In a different thread, I wrote that I tried the dd-wrt firmware. Well it seems that my internet connection is not very stable with it and it slows browsing to a crawl when utorrent is open. So, I downloaded Hyperwrt + Thibor to try it out. Now, it seems that everything is better except that I still have slow downloads :( .

Now my question is regarding the startup script. I entered the script as suggested but I also saw that in the administration section, there are some settings for contrack. I thought this is what the startup script is for. Am I right to assume that if I have the startup script, I can ignore these settings? If not, what are the optimal values for this (1Mbps/128kbps).

I suggest that you clear the nvram and reflash + reconfigure the router.

Administration -> Run Command -> erase nvram;reboot

Then upgrade to the latest Thibor, add in the startup script, configure your stuff, and reboot the router. Don't forget to forward your ports!

Then choose the xx/128kbit option from the SPeed Guide,.

Please let me knwo if you have moreluck with Thibor. I tried DD-WRT recently, and I saw similar problems to what you described. I think it came when I enabled QoS and it tried to decode each packet with L7? Even a 20k up was enough to significantly disrupt traffic (and I have a 6m/768k line)... I just wasn't sure if routers could handle all this. I have to split this bandwidth with multiple people, and I do want this as bulk, but, it seems to affect overall altency fairly highly.

Archived