Removing peers from your peers list

p2pgoat

Will this type of feature appear in uTorrent like it is in BitComet, in that you can remove peers that do not give any data to you. I hate it when I am connected to peers what have 100% and no data is coming from them, having them in the list just saturates my connection to other peers. Maybe a code could be written in the program where a peer at 100% is connected to you doesn't give any data in a minute can be automatically remove them from your list so that you can get another connection.

It already removes inactive peers after 5 minutes, and NO you cannot set it lower, and you never will be able to set it lower because you need at minimum 5 minutes for optimistic unchoke and normal unchokes to work, though it actually works better at 10 minutes of inactivity.

peer.disconnect_inactive and peer.disconnect_inactive_interval

If you set it lower than 300, it'll ignore the value and use 300 anyway.

The way it works is that when one peer reaches 6 minutes of inactivity, it drops all peers that are at least 5 minutes inactive, which means that it essentially cycles the peers every 60 seconds.

I just want to get rid of the peers that never sends anything, period. I can see in peerlists on the trackers how much they've uploaded to others, and when they hit that magical 1% ratio I need to get rid of them.

Does that optimistic unchoke cycle restart everytime a peer reconnects? Because he shows in my peerlist as having sent me 64kbyte, while I have sent him 15mbyte, yet I still send him data occasionally?

EDIT: After searching the forums, (and calming down a bit) I found the thread that this should have been in:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=621

And yes, the guy is a bitcomet user...

Sorry for replying here :)

Archived