Column for "File" in the Pieces tab

nekoxp

Is it possible to add a column which references which file a piece is for, in the Pieces tab?

Just the piece numbers, progress and other stats are pretty useless data if you're looking to work out what downloaded chunks are going where in a multi-file torrent..

Thanks guys,

Maybe it would be huge, but it's no bigger a design problem than having lots of columns that only fit on a huge display, and then resizing the window. Scrollbars are the key, my good man.. scrollbars.

If it gets too long, why not change it to [Multiple Files] or something and have a hover text which lists them all? It's doubtful anyone would be dumb enough to make a 100MB torrent with 1MB pieces anyway, or even create a torrent with hundreds of hundreds of tiny files and a HUGE piece size. It may happen.. but I don't think uTorrent shouldn't display the information just because some torrents are created by bad apps or people with slightly less sense or based on SOME types of torrents. For example torrents where the content is one very large file (opensuse iso or something) in which case every piece will say "opensuse-i386-dvd.iso" which by your regard makes the column "useless". But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be informative most of the time.

The column at least would give me a hint as to where each piece is going to. It needn't be canonical. Just concise and informative.

Archived