Unable to reach my maximum upload.

dotNorma

I will start off by saying that my ISP throttles my torrents to an almost dead stop on all public trackers.

However, I have found that on a private tracker (torrent-damage.net), I can reach speeds of up to 200kb/s down. Unfortunantly, I am still unable to upload to my maximum and I cant go above 20kb/s even though I am on a 1MB/s down and 256kB/s up connection. My limits are set correctly and I have peer.lazy_bitfeild set to *true as well as cFosSpeed running (Which helps greatly with torrents hogging all my bandwidth, btw).

Does anybody have any suggestions to get my upload any higher so I can share with the rest of the community?

No, I havent reached my caps and thats pretty much because I cant with this throttling.

It has been suggested that I set up a proxy, but that would require somebody to lend me the bandwidth to do so and I doubt anybody really wants to do that.

Any suggestions? It seems COX Internet uses a hardware packet sniffer that slams down on bittorrent protocol.

You read that somewhere that they're using a hardware filter, or just seem that way?

I read a tech convention that had a COX representative talk about the "dangers" of BitTorrent traffic to ISPs, so I deem it very likely you're right...but it's nice to get better proof than indirect, so you can rub their noses in it. :)

Archived