'Stop all torrents' command line or menu

FriendlyGuy

I've already voted for the extra command line options wish, and I'd like to make one that I think would be easier to implement: Stop all torrents somewhere in the menu bar. How is that similar to the command line, you might ask. Well, it helps me with automation, since I would be able to use TriggerMenuItem to activate the menu option.

I currently have Task Scheduler launch a batch file which triggers the Stop all torrents and Exit menu options in Azureus, then disables my network card and shuts down Windows. It would be nice if I could do this with µTorrent, otherwise I'll have to stick with Azureus despite the crappy speeds. :(

WM_CLOSE? I have no programming skills. Are you saying I can choose File > Exit from the menu while my torrents are running and it won't corrupt the data or anything? If so, that would do the trick. I assumed it would be best if they were stopped, since whenever Azureus was closed with them running, it would start rechecking them the next time it was started.

Shouldn't? :/ As far as I know, using TriggerMenuItem has the same effect as manually clicking. The Windows shutdown is scheduled 2 minutes later, so that should give µTorrent plently of time to scrape and close. If it can close as gracefully as you say, I think that's the most ideal situation possible, unless you would recommend using another tool or method.

Thanks for the reply!

Archived