Please enlighten me

silveraden

I have utorrent 1.8 and I can't seem to speed-it up... I use default settings as per advised by utorrent, default settings is the best.. I don't have a router and I have a wireless broadband with 384kbps..

Now please take a look at my download speed... another thing keeps me wondering is that the the uploaded data is bigger than downloaded... Did I missed something?

utorrent.jpg

Thanks,

Raden

2nd link in my signature...you have FAR more connections at once than your line is suited for!

Some severe bugs with half open connections were discovered in uTorrent v1.8 ...try upgrading to v1.8.2 -- and make sure to update your software firewall/s so they won't block it!

Your upload speed effectively is how fast you can give the files to others...and ultimately the combined upload speed of everyone is the limiter for download speeds. Starting more torrents does NOT increase upload speed -- in fact it decreases it, especially PER torrent. End results -- lower speeds for all.

But if only a few people do it...tragedy of the commons doesn't occur as quickly.

Are you sure you're even able to upload constantly at the upload speed max you told uTorrent to use?

Archived