speed problems

skynyrd

I am having problems port forwarding.I am using a 3 usb broadband modem (E160G) and Zonealarm Free Firewall.i constanly have the yellow triangle and occassionaly the red red circle.Iwas getting download speeds of up to 80 kbps with this configuration and now i am only getting about 10 or less.I have followed the setup guide to letter as far as i can tell.I have done speed tests from several sites all with differing results.i have looked on various forums and found nothing.I have even uninstalled and reinstalled utorrent with no luck and even installed vuze which just tells me that i am firewalled.has anyone else had this problem and if so is their a fix?

You'd have to UNINSTALL Zone Alarm completely to get it to quit messing with network traffic entirely. :(

Being firewalled in uTorrent (yellow or red light) means you cannot connect to any other firewalled seed or peer -- which can be >75% of ALL seeds and peers, as this is a VERY common problem!

is this a common just a common problem with zonealarm oris it all firewalls.i dont particularly want to use windows firewall because it is rubbish.why the sudden drop in speed.i was downloading a 52mb torrent & it took 2+ hours to get to 75%,downloading at an average of 5.8k/bts

i had a similar problem which i`ve managed to solve just now, so all u need to do is to go to portforward.com n choose ur router(mine was a dsl router but the name was not in the list so i chose dsl2500U, u can find out the kind of router u have by either seeing the back side of the router box or by putting 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of internet explorer. the type and model of router shows at the top when u open192.168.1.1). when u`ll click dsl2500U u can find a list of programs, there u select u torrent and then follow the easy steps. don`t forget to fill

1. Utorrent's Port for incoming connections : in my case i chose 6882

2. Enter static ip address by following "Take a look at our Static IP Address guide to setup a static ip address. "

after u find ur static ip address and fill these two boxes, everything will be very easy and i`m sure ur problem will be solved.

i`ve written this hoping that u must would have added utorrent as an exception in the firewall

Archived