Satelite internet speed ( no FAQ answers please )

Artemis

HI I have one hell of a speed problem,

First of all the only high speed internet service that exists where I live is the satelite connection. I have a 1mb broadband capacity for download. Now in the settings in the preferences of UTorrent you can set the max download speed equaling your broadband capacity... here is my problem:

Satelite connection isn't the same as cable or DSL, the connection variates A LOT compared to the others... it can go to 1mb bband during a ''low demand'' period to 200k bband during a ''high demand'' period ANNNND my internet service provider severely ''bottlenecks'' my connection in intense use whatever the period. If I'm not mistaken when your max speed setting in UTorrent and your current broadband have a huge difference, the files that you download/upload become slow.

So my question is this:

Is there a setting in Utorrent that I can activate that can match my current broadband without any intervention? (like making a speed test and set it in Utorrent at every hour of every day?)

And also could it be my hardware or software that could slow me down? I have XP SP3 installed, I use the ESET Smart Security firewall and I'm pluged to a D-Link EBR-2310 router. All forwarded.

Thank you all for your time. Cheers.

"Is there a setting in Utorrent that I can activate that can match my current broadband without any intervention? (like making a speed test and set it in Utorrent at every hour of every day?)"

No, there is not. uTorrent is built on the assumption of a relatively stable internet connection...regardless of its speed.

ESET Smart Security firewall is possibly slowing uTorrent down, I've read other reports today that point to it being just utter crap.

Archived