Yet Another Nat Error

dragonandante

I recently heard of uTorrent so I decided to give it a try aside from Azureus which I've been using for quite a while. Right now I'm using it through my University's internet connection. Keep in mind though that speeds were still decent when I was using Azureus. Anyways it says I have a nat error, so I went to my routers setting like I always do, and set up port forwarding just incase. Also keep in mind that when I was using Azurues I would still get nat errors because of the campus' firewall, but speeds would be fine. So I checked all that out, I optimized tcp/ip settings, scanned harddrive for anything that could be slowing it down, and a restarted a few times. Still rather slow speeds than normal. And also keep it mind that the current status of the torrent is 37 seeds and 11 peers, so I assume I should be getting a little more than 1.0kB/s. Anyways please help out as best as you can, because I'd really like to keep this program since it's so much lighter than Azureus, and doesn't eat up as much resources. Thank you.

it could just be a random chance thing.. why do you have a router on a university connection, which is already routed? are you sharing your connection with your flat (and hence sharing the cost like we did at uni)

have you downloaded any other torrents with mu? what were they like

The reason I have a router is simply the room I'm in was originally meant for only 1 person, but the university thought, "hey we can cram another person in here and make more money!" So they did so, and thus only 1 ethernet port was available. Therefore I had to use a router at home to act as a splitter. I've downloaded other torrents, and obtained the similiar result.

EDIT: Ah ok... I figured out what was causing it to be so slow. Thx for looking into the problem for me though.

Archived