Easy Help Question for the experts..

beever

I have transmission and utorrent installed on my mac. I accidentally opened transmission and it defaulted my torrent downloads to use transmission instead of utorrent but, a quick search explained how to solve that issue. ( right click, get info and change "open with" to utorrent.) However, I used to click on a torrent and have it automatically start downloading in my utorrent program. As it stands now, when I click on a torrent it save to my desktop and then I have to click on it to open the files in the torrent, then click "add" before it actually starts downloading. How can I get utorrent to open the torrent in one click (the way it used to) and start downloading immediately? THX

I appreciate your feedback but, in my original post I tried to explain that I had already done the, I have made utorrent the default app to open all of my torrents. My question was how to get utorrent to automatically open the torrent and begin downloading without me having to double click on the downloaded torrent. I used to have it set up this way but cannot figure out how to now. I want the downloaded torrent to automatically begin after I click "download this torrent". Hope that makes sense.

@beever: Firefox does its own wonky, weird things. If something changed, your best bet is to reset the settings and hope what you had was proper behavior that will get reset.

@bilalui: Your issue doesn't sound like its related to this topic. Make a new thread (after searching)?

• 2 months later...

beever I figured it out. You have to click on the red dot in the bottom right corner of the download center. That's where your preferences are and then you click on downloads with the blue arrow and then you set it how you want it in the "automatically" section.

Archived