Cannot use internet while downloading.

zharz

Hi dudes. I got this, don't know if it's a major problem but I would say it's annoying.

If I'm downloading something from thepiratebay with µtorrent then I cannot use Internet Explorer. But if I'm downloading something from a swedish website like Swebits then Internet works fine. It doesn't matter if I'm downloading at 1700kb/s or 10kb/s, I still cannot go to any website.

My other familymembers can use the internet if Im downloading but I can't. Does anyone know a solution to my problem? It started when I bought Windows Vista Ultimate and the problem only occours when I'm downloading something from thepiratebay and not when Im using a Swedish tracker like swebits.

MVH

Check the first link in my signature regarding interrupted connections. Chances are likely that it has to do with halfopen connections, in which case you should try lowering net.max_halfopen to something like 2.

If nothing helps, provide the information requested in the link.

That's how many new peer/seed outgoing connection attempts (via TCP) to be attempting at ONCE.

This doesn't normally count new incoming connection attempts nor other BitTorrent traffic (DHT and LPD for instance or UDP-based uTP connections).

Nor does the number of current peer/seed connections you already have ...have much effect on it, except uTorrent quits attempting new outgoing connections just before global or per torrent connection max is reached.

Archived