Cant configure my BELKIN router to open a port for utorrent.. Help!!

ahull84

Sorry im def a noob to the whole forwarding stuff and im sure this question has been answerd over a billion times but i just cant seem to find the right one!! I have a Belkin F5D8233-4v3 N Wireless Router and a Motorola Surfboard S85101 modem, also my internet is Comcast and I have Windows xp. I have been spending days trying to figure this out. I have really slow downloading speeds like less than 10 kB/s. I have a really fast connection like DL of 2.5 Mb/s and UL of .37Mb/s according to speedtest.net, at the bottom of my screen where it shows im connection to the internet it says 100.0 Mbps. I also did that hack to speed I used portforward to configure my virtual server to accept utorrent and I have setup my static ip address on my computer and changed the network settings on my internet properties like i have been told to on every website that seemed to know how to explain it. Even though now it still has the little red exclamation point saying "Not Connectable A Firewall/Router is limiting your connection, but for the first few seconds after it starts up it has the little yellow triangle. I run the port opened test and it still says it isnt. What I really need I think is to know what settings need to be changed on the router or maybe something else needs changed. Also....I tried setting up my router as an access point via a utorrent blog it just messed up the internet and I couldnt get on it again untill I reset the router, of course I dont know if that would even help or what. If you need more info to help me just ask. I really appreaciate the help!!! If

I also asked this on yahoo answers with little avail,

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjEbDgqa7_pBPjbxHe9cgU8jzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20090328084911AARsJyD

Yes I have tried all that and still nothing. I Did turn off my firewall and it speed up the downloading a by about 10 kbps. After i did that it still said the port was not opened, i even downloaded the portchecker from their website, and that said it wasnt opened. I dont want to have the firewall down though unless it is completely neccesary. I followed their instructions to the letter.

"I Did turn off my firewall"

WHAT firewall? Because even disabled MOST firewalls BLOCK uTorrent. :(

Belkin routers and wireless connections often cannot handle as many connections at once as good wired routers can.

You probably need to reduce global and per-torrent connection max to NO higher than 60, disable DHT and Resolve IPs (right-click in PEERS window of an active torrent), and reduce bt.connect_speed and net.max_halfopen to 4.

I went throught and reset everything on my computer and router and then i reconfigured my computer and routher and then restarted my computer again and i started getting green connection saying it was working like it was suppose to. So i guess im good, my average for downloads are about 200kbps. I must have messed something up when i was configuring it the first time and did it right the second. Thanks for the help though

Archived