uTorrent profiles

Bularthip

Hello. I want to suggest if you could add an option where you can change uTorrent profiles.

By profiles I mean as like:

Gamin profile: It will limit your downloads e.x. 25kt/s to resist in-game latency.

Normal profile: You have your downloads on but you do want to surf internet correctly, it limits your downloads e.x 60kt/s

Night profile: As you are sleeping, you don't have limits on your downloads or uploads.

I use 1mb/s, so that's why I used that kind of e.x's. Thank you. I'd really appreciate if you could comment.

Ofcourse you can right click the limits but this would be way easier option.

The number of global and per-torrent connections, as well as half-open limits, DHT, uTP, Teredo/IPv6...and even how many torrents you have running and how active they are also has a HUGE effect on online game latency.

Reducing download/upload speeds alone will not affect those and could make their effects worse.

• 2 weeks later...

This one deserves much more attention. It's not all about gaming or not.

"Custom Profiles + Custom Shortcuts" would be a great feature!

Example: Seeding using a connection with 128KBs (max) of upload. While using the internet/work, a profile could be selected (limiting upload at 75KBs).... and when leaving the PC for minutes/hours a different profile could be selected to open up to the max upload speeds. Other one could be used to completely stop...

The "Custom Shortcuts" would be totally free/"programmable" (both upload & download speeds for each one) to the user and that way it would be possible to program the "shortcut keys" on certain keyboards like the Logitech G15.

I would use something like this:

G1 key -> Profile 1: Stop all traffic

G2 key -> Profile 2: upload at 75KBs / download (un)limited

G3 key -> Profile 3: upload at 100KBs / download stopped

G4 key -> Profile 4: max speed (unlimited) / download unlimited

This would be great to quickly change traffic speeds and avoiding the annoying system of:

"right-click" -> upload limit -> ... and...

"-> download limit -> ..."

Think about it. ;) It's a great idea.

• 7 months later...

Connection profiles could also take into account the different bandwidth environments of say work versus home. :)

Could a uT profile be tied to an OS connection profile? ie, I connect to HOME_SSID, so uT selects the linked cx profile accordingly.

Thanks for your consideration.

Archived