correct connection type setting

CabMax

Hello I am configuring my u torrent upload speed for the first time. I have read and followed the utorrent connection setup guide and found out that my download speed is 5.9 Mbs and upload of 0.5 Mbs. When I open u torrent page to setup my upload speed I get xx/2Mbit which shows an upload speed of 186kB/s which I think is too low or xx/10Mbit which is 1.0 MB/s and again a speed which is higher than my upload speed. I need some help as I dont know which one to choose or if there is another way to setup my upload speed. Thanking you in advance.

Both your guesses are wrong.

You need xx/512k (512 kilobit/second upload settings)...2nd link of my signature for alternate settings.

If you only have 512 kilobit/second upload...your theoretical max upload speed is only 64 KiloBYTES/second -- and probably your real usable upload speed in uTorrent may only be 50-60 KiloBYTES/second.

thanx for clearing this out I thought because the upload speed was bps so the storrent should reflect that not realising that it worked in bytes and not in bits. thanx again. One more thing I have seen that the upload speed changes several times during the day sometimes going as high as 0.5mbps to as low as 0.1mbps. Do I have to change the speed settings on utorrent window when this happens. thank u.

If you know how/when it varies, you could use Scheduler or manually raise/lower upload speed at those times. Do note that you may need to reduce upload slots and/or active torrents as well if you go from >40 KB/sec upload speed to barely 10 KB/sec...otherwise other people see your upload speed to them drop to well below 1 KB/sec, and those peers quit sharing back to you!

Archived