Upload speed + download speed is always < than ~50KB/s

Spirotot

I'm on a 512kpbs up/down connection, which means I should be able to get ~50-60KB/s up AND down, right?

Well, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Whenever I'm downloading something at max speed, uTorrent never uploads anything. Similarly, if I'm uploading at max speed, nothing will download. Most of the time, though, my up/down speeds are both varying around the middle (for example, 20KB/s down and 20KB/s up).

This is not purely a problem with uTorrent, I don't think. Why? Because if I'm uploading something in uTorrent (I'm the only seeder, too!), and I start downloading something with Firefox, my uTorrent upload speed drops to about half of what it was, and my download speed (in Firefox) is also only about half of what it should be.

I'm running Windows 7 Build 7100, and uTorrent 1.8.3 Build 15358. My router is a TRENDnet TEW-452BRP 108Mbps 802.11g

I've tried fiddling around with a few random settings in the router, but to no avail. I've tried disabling DHT and Resolve IP in uTorrent, also to no avail.

What else can I try?

Edit: I've also told my router to DMZ my computer's local IP, and that seemed to make no difference.

Archived