New Computer

jjmartin

I just set up my new computer, I downloaded and installed Utorrent, but am having trouble bringing Utorrent settings and resume over from the old one. I copied %appdata%\utorrent onto a flash drive, but I don't know how to get the resume and settings dat files into my new computer's Utorrent. I tried the migration instructions in the Utorrent manual, but they are not specific and/or over my head. Can anyone tell me how and where exactly to copy these files onto the new computer? THANK YOU

JJMartin

Install uT on your new computer and move the entire contents of %appdata%\utorrent from the old one to the new one.

Same thing for (in)complete data associated to your torrents.

If the path (drive letter especially) of your torrents is the same on your new computer, uT will resume the torrents.

If not, use freeware Bencode Editor (see sticky on General subforum) to edit resume.dat (use function 'find/replace').

Have you already installed uT on your new computer?

If yes, type %appdata%\utorrent in Windows Explorer address bar (or Start > Execute > %appdata%\utorrent) and replace this folder by this one saved on your flash drive.

Archived