5 of 2466 seeds, 18 of 22917 Peers 5 KBs download speed.

CrazySan

I'm having trouble with not being able to connect to many people when downloading torrents. I've tried several torrents and they are all being slow. Before people ask, I am forwarding ports, I've tried with firewall on and having utorrent and the port unblocked, and with the firewall off, makes no difference. In the past I've had very good download speeds, at times in excess of 200 KB. my ISP is TDS, and my router is an Actiontec GT724WG if you need anymore information, I will do my best to supply it.

What's the down AND up speeds of your connection, both measured (by online speed tests) and reported by your ISP?

What settings are you using as shown by uTorrent's Speed Guide (CTRL+G) window? (all 6 values OR if you changed none of them...which xx/something kbit speed did you choose?)

well dslreports.com says I have 1791 Kb/s download and 422 Kb/s upload, my routher reports 3424 Kb/s download and 576 Kb/s upload. I have it set to 2Mbit, but choking upload to around 20-30 Kb/s, otherwise it chokes out download.

EDIT: getting good speeds again, not sure if it's anything I did

Archived