uTorrent started downloads overnight - wtf

Maul555

I woke up this morning to find that uTorrent had downloaded 5 torrents that I have never heard of, and is working on another 2 that I also have never heard of. This is wierding me out a bit, so I am looking to see if this has happened to anybody else. My computer is up to date with antivirus and adware definitions and my OS is a pretty new install too... These downloads do not appear to be malicious and are legit torrents. I have taken a screen shot and highlighted the torrents in question with red.

Screen Shot:

utorrent.jpg

There are no RSS feeds listed in the categories list, so that'd almost definitely be a no.

There is no way to force-start a torrent in µTorrent by any automatic means. If you didn't add and force-start it, someone else must've. Are you using WebUI, or do you have it enabled?

I am not using rss or webui. I am at a complete loss to explain this unless somebody broke into my house, snuck into my room, started these torrents, and got out all without waking me up. The force was done by me though. I got curious, so im letting them download lol...

in addition to being weird, im kind of glad this happened. The first 5 torrents that finished before I woke up turned out to be some sort of African music. But its really good stuff. Im gona keep it lol... It sounds like they are from a french speaking African country of some sort.

---EDIT---

Ok, after doing some research I believe i know how this happened. This african band was on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon the other night... and I was drunk that night, and was watching this episode. Given the evidence at hand, I must assume that I was drunk and forgot that I downloaded this shit... Sorry to waste your time.. Thank Wikipedia for the information that led me to the information that enabled me to piece together that night...

I still don't remember where the "strangers with candy" stuff came from, but I must assume this was me doing it as well...

Archived