ratio upload bug

sahib

i upload alot faster than i download (people are leachers...) so when my ratio goes above the limit i set (2.000) before the whole torrent is downloaded utorrent ignores my setting and continues uploading forever if i dont stop the torrent manually. this has been a bug or a feature for as long as ive used utorrent. thought i should let you know.

i sure have. one of the torrents had a nice 15.441 ratio when i came home from the pub last night. this problem only occurs when a torrent reaches the limit i set before its finished downloading.

example: im downloading a torrent thats lets say 1.4gb in size. if i've uploaded more than 2.8gb before i've downloaded 1.4gb then the upload goes on forever. this happens quite often since i'm on a pretty fat pipe and all the public torrents have hordes and hordes of leechers (i download @ ~200kbps and upload @ ~1000kbps).

• 3 weeks later...
Um, did you ever actually check "Limit the upload rate to" and write 0? Seeding priority does nothing unless you do that.

Yes, exactly - and it's very, very wrong that you are forced to do that. Torrents should be put into a queued state if set ratio is reached and they are not specified to stop. This is definitely a bug, and I'm quite surprised that it doesn't seem to have been approached.

edit: See my post here also: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=5673

Archived