uTorrent port blocked

iCORM

sorry to start a new thread, but i searched the forum and couldnt find anything relevant as everything is about port forwarding and adsl router connections.

I'm using a DSL and have a static ip. utorrent is set to a specific port. i'm using windows vista sp2 and norton internet security 2009. utorrent was working perfectly and suddenly the port was blocked. checked with utorrent port checker. havent made a single change in any settings or installed anything. windows firewall is off and norton is given full access to utorrent. please help.

System deails:

DSL with Static IP

utorrent - 1.8.3

Vista Ultimate SP2

Norton internet security 2009

I'm actually having a similar problem. uTorrent was working perfectly Sunday afternoon on Vista (x64) SP1. I shut it down and installed Vista (x64) SP2. Monday morning when I started uTorrent back up, it is constantly saying that the listen port is blocked. I tried changing the port and updating all of my firewall settings. It is still blocked.

Has anyone else encountered this?

nope... i tried everything... even uninstalled norton disabled every security shit.. tried on all my 3 machines with XP, vista & win 7 and same thing.. ports are blocked... need to check whether ISP has implemented P2P ban...

I've this problem aswell, for months now. I've to reboot the router 2-3 times/day then the port is open for a while but it always end by closing itself for a reason i ignore. I mean, what the hell is going on ? I start a download then everything is ok for 1h then suddenly the small icon turn red saying the port is closed even if i do absolutly nothing on my computer. The 3 others people plugged on the router don't have this problem though.

SheenaRamone, that sounds like classic network overloads causing strange results (firewalled conditions in uTorrent.)

The reason why it happens only to you is the networking problem is computer-specific -- probably a bad nic card or bad software firewall!

Archived