not connecting (?)

Uzur9

Not sure what my prob is really. But every since I got cable last month Ive not been able to get uTorrent to work (I can use DC++ to dl the files I need) but anyway... nxt to the dl icon it has alil red circle and i get a red bar when i highlight the file i want to dl and under [tracker] it tells me 'tracker status: connection closed by peer' and 'dht status: not allowed' Ive shut down my firewall and other apps an that doesnt seem to work.

Any help would be very helpful.

Thnx

"DHT status not allowed" is typical of torrents from private trackers. If that is the case, you must be a member of that site to use the torrent. If you're not, the tracker will not connect to you and you will see other symptoms such as you described. If you ARE a member it is possible that your IP has changed since you last logged on to the site. Login to the site or check in their FAQ to see if any other procedure is required (such as redownloading the torrent file).

Ive never had to sign-up to dl torrents from the place i get them from before, any of the places ive gotten torrents before ive never had todo anything like that. I just messed around with some settings an nothing seemed to help. Guess I wont be using torrents any time soon.

Least it aint THAT big of a deal for me.

[EDIT]

ive noticed that ALL the track urls r: track url is ALWAYS: http://show.no-ip.org:6969/annon... not sure what todo.

yup ever torrent ive tried (3 diff trackers) an still blocked, no go ; ( aye, since i got it torrents havent work an limewire hasnt work but yet dc++ works just fine. like i said before it aint that big of a deal, yes it does make some of my downloads alil easier but owell.

removed nvidia firewall an atm i dont have one installed.

nod32 for viirs

spybot & spywareblaster r the only other things ive got nstalld.

same stuff i had installd when i was on dial-up (minus the nivida fw) was runnin

Sygate Personal Firewall Pro and will prob go back to that.

well that just blows my mind. i remove nod32 and it works just fine ; D y would my virus protection give me probs with ut ? or any othre torrent apps (bitspirits the only other one i like)

I thank u, u have now maybe my day. now im wondering if i reinstall it if it will work or cause probs.

That's bizarre... Well, sometimes anti-virus programs have firewall-like features, so perhaps it was interfering with µT somehow. And something about µT seems to bring out all the problems and bugs that firewalls have, and no one can figure out why

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem now.

When I'm trying to download/upload anything, I can't connect to any source, and I am receiving a message 'connection closed by peer'

I am downloading torrents from few sites, only one of them requires registration (and I'm registered!). But it doesn't matters, I still can't connect.

I was using NOD32 but I have already removed it, with no result (so i have installed it again).

I don't have any firewalls/antispy/other-security-app installed on my os. Just clean XP SP2 with NOD32.

Archived