relaunching an incomplete torrent from its current state.

sumeruraut

i had never had a problem of this kind untill two days back.There are a lot of power cuts in my locality and i don't have a UPS. what happens is once there is a power cut and once i restart my computer after the power returns,the torrents just dissapear. Although i do have the incomplete downloads in the specified location the torrents are not seen in uTorrent at all. there have been power cuts before but neber has this happened with the torrents. My question is 1)can anyone tell me why this is happening? 2) is there any way i can reload these incompletely downloaded torrents and resume their download from their existing state? please help me!!thanks!

Many softwares don't like power failure when they're running.

Check folder %appdata%\utorrent to see if you have a file resume.dat.bad with size superior to ~1 kB. If yes, keep one copy, close uT and rename it into resume.dat. Restart uT and check if your torrent jobs are back.

If not, use migration guide to reload your torrents and resume them (read chapter about torrent auto-loading): http://www.utorrent.com/documentation/migrate

Tip: if you meet frequent power failure, back up regularly the entire folder %appdata%\utorrent.

Archived