Why all is 50 in portable utorrent migration when I have 121 seeds

scrt50

Hi,

On laptop, utorrent all is 121 seeded and I needed hd spade. Thus, Install portable utorrent by having utorrent ver 1.8.latest in utorrent folder with all, completed, dwnloading, etc content copied to usb hd from laptop. Try using (1) empty settings.dat create with notepad and (2) copying original settings.dat from laptop to desktop usb hard drive. Using my usb hard drive on desktop, I click utorrent and I am seeing all is 50. How do I overcome since I have 121 seeded files. Why the magic number of 50 since I did a copy of my laptop hd to usb hd and there were more than 50 copied. No reason to see 50. I try using the two mention settings.dat files and no luck. Any suggestion appreciated. Did others have similar problem or they were able to migrate with more than 50. tx for your help.

PS: I read migration in your help manual and u mention force recheck. In my case, I am seeing all being 50 and thus more intrested in doing recheck on 51, 52, 53 but how can I when all is 50.

Trying to figure if it is a value setting thing, bug for I have over 50 seeded files. Even if u did a migration sucessfully with over 50 files to make a portable utorrent, info appreciated. Since that is what I am trying to do. I am surprise I am getting 50 limit done automatically when there are more.. How do I force utorrent to recognise the fact I have more than 50 seeded files/torrent in all.

I cannot see why you'd have trouble copying the files...do they not fit on your USB storage?

Do no more than 50 torrents show up in uTorrent after starting it?

Have you checked that there's not drive letter changes causing torrents to not be recognized?

Switek, tx for looking into my situation and appreciated your help. From laptop, I copied the folder with downloaded directories comprising of new downldoads, completed downloads with location of torrent directories. The entire directory/image/folder called xyz is placed into 1 tb usb hard drive using tetra copy. In that usb hd, I copied torrent application and try with (1) settings.dat created with notebook with nothing inside, and (2) settings..dat copied from laptop. Please note that usb is plug into desktop and I ran that torrent application in my usb hard drive. It runs and all is 50 and thus checking will be limited to 50.

If other members have done with over 50, then I will try again. Have there been similar problem in the sense over 50 seeded torrents were done with no hiccup. What is getting me is that success yes but limited to 50. I could understand no success or all success but why 50. tx

1 - the 121 seeded files all fit into usb drive. Laptop hd is 200 gb and usb is 1000gb.

2 - No more than 50 torrent showed up upon first execution of application. Did not try restart by rebooting computer and running utorrent again. If things change for better, will post but doubt.

3 - Drive letter change. What are u talking about? Laptop content info in hd. Want to make a portable usb torrent with info from help manual.Either it works or not but funny that 50 will work and that is driving me bannas. Laptop utorrent is working fine. Any suggestion appreciated. IF u want me to do from scratch by copying files from square one, laptop hd to usb and do again? But has this ever happen to others for why the 50 limitation in all.

Tx and was hoping to hear what did they encounter. It is 121 torrents; the laptop hd is 200gb and thus hd space usage is less. Yes, I should but matter of how manually. All completed and downloading files are place in usb. Settings will show 50. I have stored torrent, torrent for finsih job, and automatically load torrent. Think I put completed one that is not in the 50 to downloading, then I click on which torrent.? (think torrent for finish job or what do u suggest for been a while). tx.

Archived