WRT160N and AT&T DSL, having connection problems

bassplayer60511

I am having several problems with port forwarding and getting everything set up properly with BitTorrent 6.1.2. I keep getting the dreaded yellow triangle, and no matter what I try, I can not get the ports to open. I just got a brand new Linksys WRT160N to replace an older of the same model. I have configured both of them the same exact. The only thing that has changed is my internet service, which is now AT&T Yahoo DSL, instead of Mediacom "High Speed" cable. The modem is a Westell Proline F90, and I have logged on and not found anything to do with port forwarding. If anybody can possibly help me out that would be great. If you need screenshots or any information please let me know. I would REALLY like to get this working as fast as possible, since with Mediacom I was able to get around 200-300kbs, now im down to about 30kbs.

PLEASE HELP!

Check portforward.com for your modem model!

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

If that doesn't help, try to download/get a manual (or assistance) from the modem manufacturer...or your ISP. :(

Your upload max has probably changed considerably...what uTorrent settings are you using now and what's the speed of your new line?

I have already done the Portforward.com tutorial, and also changed my PC to a static IP address so I could take advantage of it. The router seems to be setup just fine, but I am still getting horrible download speeds and the yellow triangle. I dont know what I could be doing wrong. I unfortunately dont know the speeds of the new line, but I will try to figure those out. As for the BitTorrent settings, I have my UPnP port mapping disabled like it says in the portforward.com tutorial, random port disabled, NAT-PMP enabled, and my windows firewall has been turned off. I have Kaspersky Antivirus 2009, which I turned off to see if the downloads got quicker, and it didnt. If there is anything else that you need to know please let me know, I really want to get past this... Thanks

Archived