Huge amount of traffic

3rd Word

I've been using uTorrent for about 3 years and I've never had this problem before.

Two months ago I formated my laptop.

After reinstalling uTorrent I had speed problems, it was downloading very slowly.

After using your speed guide this problem ended.

Now, I have optimal speed, fast indeed, but I started having huge amounts of traffic.

I use ShaPlus Bandwith Meter 1.3 to keep track of the traffic.

For example, I download a 4Gb file and the meter shows 9, 10 or even more Gb of traffic.

I've tried limiting the upload speeds, but the problem persists.

Can someone help?

My specifications:

Connection type - xx/10Mbit

Upload slots - 5

Connections per torrent - 100

Connections - 450

I must have confused something.

I'm reinstalling uTorrent to see if it solves the problem.

Today, after I started uTorrent, I downloaded 310 Mb and I already had 770Mb of traffic.

My upload speed was 80 or 70kb, not sure.

After uninstalling uTorrent, doing a registry clean with CCleaner and TuneUp Utilities, I reinstalled uTorrent and it automatically starts with my old definitions, so the problem persists.

Sorry, I didn't, but I have now. I reinstalled it correctly and I'm giving it another go.

I used the settings on the 2nd link of your signature, but since I was having low download speeds I altered the connections to Max - 105 / Torr - 100 , for an upload speed of 80kB, and it seems to be a little better. At least the download/upload ratio, wich now seems to be almost the same.

I'm downloading a very well seeded torrent to see if it gets good download speeds and to see the download/upload difference.

Yep, it seems to be working great now.

5 minutes, 56MB downloaded at aproximatly 250kB/s, 8MB uploaded.

It seems to be working great now.

Thanks a lot, man. I was going nuts with the traffic, I don't have much of it to waste.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Archived