uTorrent background color

How/where in Windows settings can I change the white background on uTorrent that can be found by clicking on the GENERAL tab to a darker tone? I asked this in my previous thread, even provided a screenshot and got no response. Using 1.8.3

3D objects is already set to dark blue but the color remains white in uT 1.8.3. This wasn't an issue with 1.7.7... what's going on? I've also changed every white in windows appearance settings to black to see if it would make a difference, and it hasn't.

blahg.th.png

Nothing much I can say about that. It works properly here.

Edit: I guess it's an XP theme thing. Don't know. Can't really say Windows itself does any better, judging by the Display Properties dialog's tab background. It wasn't an issue in older versions probably because support for XP theming and environment colors was expanded in 1.8.x. Yes, the tab looking that way is closer adherence to XP theming support because it actually themes the tab background now. Honestly, if you find the background to be too bright, then wouldn't just about any other Windows tabbed dialog look just as bright? You'd probably be better off finding a dark XP theme instead.

Definitely, I would like to request such a feature too; allow the user to chose the background color as this white is killing me on this HDTV.

I mean a built-in feature, ONY for utorrent.

(I'm on XP too and whatever i set for 3D objects makes no difference. It's already grey by default but utorrent is white.)

Even a gui.background_color feature in Preferences > Advanced would be totally awesome (accepting for exemple html color codes (#rrggbb) so it's not too hard to set.)

Thank you!

TSR

I don't use any other Windows apps with tabbed dialog or they do have a setting to alter the background color (some even allow to set an image).

Tabbed controls are used all over Windows shell dialogs, not just µTorrent. The second screenshot in my post above is just one example of many (that one being the Display control panel applet).

But whatever, I'm not arguing against any such feature. It's just that... well, if you have to change settings for a ton of applications just to make colors look usable, then µTorrent is the wrong place to be looking to change the behavior. If this is an issue you have to work around at a per-application basis for multiple applications, then the problem clearly falls at a more fundamental level -- the OS theming level. From that point of view, you're barking up the wrong tree. Changing the OS theme would better serve your needs overall; changing the OS theme would solve your problems (somewhat) more universally, and more elegantly.

And plenty of requests like this have been rejected before, so I tend to doubt that'll change (but who knows).

Archived