Pc Restarts When Bittorrent Starts..!

lovelife53

I'm using bittorrent since 3 years now. So far i never encountered with this issue. When i open bittorrent, everything goes fine for 2 minutes. But after that, my pc restarts. I've uninstalled the program and have re-installed it again. Using Bittorrent 6.2(latest), Windows Xp Sp 2

I'm still wondering how come this can happen all of a sudden.

Can anyone please help me with this issue..???

Thanks in advance..

Thanks a lot for replying. I really appreciae that. I was just going to do that. I mean disabling the automatic restart and saving the error codes and all. But i tried a trick before doing that. I uninstalled bittorrent 6.2 again, and installed the 6.0.2 version, which i was prior to this. And to my surprise, my pc didn't restart..!! It was and is working perfectly alright now. I downloaded the same torrent too.

Is the latest version having some bugs ??

@ Oxwil,

No. My computer is not overloaded with softwares. I've installed only few limited softwares.

@ Switeck,

Sorry for replying late as I couldn't access net. I unchecked the auto restart option because unfortunately my system restarted again when I started bittorrent..! And I did get a blue screen. I took a photo of the error.

dsc00004sgy.jpg

Hope so this is what you were looking for. Ask me if you want any more information about the error.

AFAIK, NDIS.sys is a network-related driver. May be bad network drivers and/or hardware... Have you tried upgrading chipset drivers and network drivers?

Also...

a) get HijackThis from www.trendmicro.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from www.sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Archived