Downloads will not start

faultyglow

My downloads will not start, I have tried every suggestion for changes of setting and the like that I've found in other threads to the best of my ability but nothing has helped. I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version. I tried another torrent program and it had the same problem. My seeds and peers looks like 0(88) and 0(22). I just don't know what do to. Any suggestions?

You done any online searches on just HOW hostile your ISP is to BitTorrent? (Hint: It's still bad...sometimes!)

Your software firewalls have declared uTorrent hostile? (Zone Alarm and many antivirus firewalls STINK!)

Your uTorrent settings are bad? (don't match your connection)

I ran the test thing that is supposed to find out if my ISP doesn't like bittorrent, and it said it was fine. I checked to make sure my Windows firewall was letting bittorrent through. And I did my best to make sure that the setting are good for my system; of course I am a little unsure about that last one really. I went through the links in you sig. and tried the things they suggested.

It might be something as simple as BitTorrent having to recheck the file before resuming download. I had to restart to install a system update and after I restarted the computer, my dl was stuck on 0(19) 0(122) until the file checking finished, then I was connected to seeds and peers again.

Archived