Finish most completed files first

Demono

I searched before I posted this request and didn't see any topics so please forgive me if there is already one. Basically my request is to have an option for uTorrent to give automatic priority to the most completed files in a torrent. I believe this is an option in Azureus.

As it is now, uTorrent seems to download all the files in a torrent equally. If I am downloading a torrent with several episodes or movies, all the episodes will finish at about the same time. I can of course change a certain file's priority to high but then I have to continually do that for each file when one finishes. A simple option to have uTorrent automatically give a higher priority to files with the most available pieces and/or which are the most complete so far would be great. Thanks :)

Well I do see why the setup now is good for the health of the torrent but we have the ability to prioritize or skip certain files completely so I don't see why making an option to automatically (slightly) prioritize the most completed files first, especially in the case of torrents with several TV episodes or movies, would be bad.

Personally, I don't have that great of a connection and I normally have to wait days for a large torrent of episodes to finish. Normally I have to manually assign a high priority to one or two episodes, though when they finish the rest continue to to download equally until I get around to assigning them a high priority as well. On the other hand, when it comes to torrents such as games, I don't mind all files downloading equally as they are all needed in the end anyway. The same doesn't hold true for videos.

An option like this could be just be put as a checkbox on each individual torrent's info bar. SOmething like: Check this box to automatically give priority to the most completed files in this torrent.

Archived