Low speeds even after port forwarding!!!!

s.p.h.i.n.x2710

hi, am from india using a 2 megabit bsnl connection... i came across port forwarding to increase the speeds and i did it, speed was increased intially from 50kbps to 220kbps.. but now after a few days download speed nvr exceeds 30-40kbp , but i still get 220kbps for direct dowloads... the green icon appears.. and wen i test t port, its open... everything appears to be working just fine but speeds are low... i hv read all the guides regarding tweaking utorrent but none had t answers for my prob... pls someone help me out .. its really frustrating to download a 700mb file for 6 hours... thanks in advance!!!!!!!

thank u for ur reply... i read through tat link and adjusted my utorrent it does seem to help a little now my speeds are around 60kbps... but still am not getting my full speed mark of 220kbps... i dont hv a clue whats wrong... all my friends who r using t same connection r getting 220 constantly...pls bear with me and help me out!!!!

Upload you have more control over than download...

Are you uploading smoothly at the max limit you set?

Also, if you're uploading slowly like everyone else...your download is likely to be slow. Peers prefer to upload to other peers which give them a LOT back in return. Seeds don't care, but tend to upload LESS because they connect to only peers.

do u mean to say that am not getting good download speeds coz am not uploading properly :/... i hv read guides tat asked to reduce my upload speed to get max download that why i cap my upload speed to under 10kbps and i dont seed for long too... i will try it out , i will set t upload to max and see if its helping.. thanks man..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived