Weirdness with my RSS feed

blendd

Hello all,

I am trying to work with an aggregated rss feeder (http://showrss.karmorra.info/). I have set up a user on the site. I have also set up an rss feed in uTorrent with the following info:

Feed URL: http://showrss.karmorra.info/rss.php?user_id=<myuseriid>

Custom Alias: showRSS

Automatically download all items published in feed: selected

Use smart episode filter: unselected

Additionally, I have ensured that uTorrent has a free port to use through my firewall (on my router) and through Windows Firewall (though I currently have Windows Firewall disabled). I am using port 37395 and have enabled it for TCP and UDP protocols.

However, the rss feed never seems to pick up anything. I know it is not a problem with the site as

a) I have a friend who uses the site and he has compared all my settings and config info to his and he sees no problem.

B) I can use the rss feed url in Firefox and it shows me the rss output with all my pending files listed.

My friend did notice that the icon displayed in the category list panel for the rss feed is in red instead of orange, but neither of us can find out why this is. When we do an "update feed" there doesn't seem to be any activity on the feed and no new data is queued for downloading.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is happening, or where we should look next?

Thanks,

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Firon.

It turns out that I did not need to revert to an earlier version, nor did I need the uid in the RSS URL. Instead I deleted the cookies for the aggregator and then logged back in and re-generated the RSS feed URL. When I added the new feed to uTorrent (after deleting the old one) it worked like a charm. Everything is exactly as it should be.

fredderf - try the above actions and let us know if that works for you.

Archived