Connection is OK, but zero seeds and almost zero peers

kahwel

I have wondered this myself kahwel, I used to get great dld speeds & I've wondered if my decline in speed may have had to do w/ these low seed/peer numbers ?

I have dld torrents in the past on my Vista machine and it'd get much higher seeds and peers, upwards of 100 and my speeds would stay pretty steady @ 300-400KBps.

Currently I have utorrent on my Win7 machine and its like 0-3 seeds maybe 4 or 5 peers all out of several hundreds or thousands. The speeds seem to flux abit between 50-195KBps.

I read the guide and have things mostly default, upload speed has always worked best @ 20+KBps during dld and usually tops 40-50+KBps when not dlding.

I used glastnost and it indicated no evidence of throttling even on well-known BT port, (which I dont use) so I'm guessing maybe its something I'm not doing right .. If program settings or my glastnost results are needed I can post. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :)

I dont know about kahwel but I am using utorrent 1.8.5 build 17091

This latest dld I am trying, its getting about 19-20KBps upload and its been hovering around 19KBps down and less.. Its actually uploaded more than its dlded. After returning home, I noticed over the course of several hours its dlded 488.xMB but has uploaded 495.xMB. The file is just shy of 700MB..

I've noticed as of now the peer number has increased up to 42 and seed is 2.

Normally I should be able to dld a file of this size in about 45 mins +/- so to me something seems really bad, maybe its just some really bad torrents, people not wanting to share/increase speeds. I'm not sure.

kahwel, so your lil net indicator is green AND you have most of your settings atleast, set to those they have in the guide and its still like this ?

Have you tried getting a file like Linux iso or something to test ?

Have you tried a diff port number(s) ?

I'm not an expert so I dont know exactly what will help but..

I'm having the same issue too, I want to say it started when I moved from 1.8.3 to 1.8.4 and now to 1.8.5, but I'm not 100% sure. I've been successful for a long time with my current settings, but have since removed Teredo and disabled utp.... My download is fine, just the upload is slow. Its like I cant see the leechers or they cant see me and therefore I cant seed. This is especially bad on private trackers (even when there are plenty of peers). Public trackers are better but I can tell you the only peers I can seed to with great speed are people with Bit comet or Bit lord. If I can see a peer with azureus or utorrent my seed speeds are usually no better than 5KB/s

I do have the wrtu54g-tm router (its the T-mobile at home router). I did see the sticky on this and have yet to make any firmware modifcations b/c I'm not 100% sure that router has the same issue listed in the sticky b/c ends with -TM.

Seems several others are having this issue and It'd be nice to get to the bottom of it to benefit everyone.

Archived