Prioritize torrents based on seeding speed?

simmy

Hello folks!!!

Here's the situation - I've read a thread here on limiting connections, speeds, etc. based on my upload speed so I've limited seeding to 400KB/s. Well I was wondering - is it possible to make it so that if say 1 torrent can reach that speed to not seed any others?

Why I'm asking this is because if I only seed 1 torrent the connections/peers for it will be less (most likely) plus the HDD will probably have to jump across data less so it seems like a better option than having 14 torrents seeding at like 20KB/s each.

Thanks!

That's an unusually fast upload. Is that a fiber optic line?

It is not possible to make uTorrent only seed the minimum number of torrents to reach max speed...while still allowing it to start more. The don't count slow speed features buried in advanced settings only work for very low speeds.

Thanks for the comments Switeck!

Yes, it's a fiber optic line and it used to upload even faster but they limited the speed to about 500-550 KB/s, although in the terms it says that my upload speed would match the download one and I've been thinking for some time to go and see why they can't deliver on their promise.

As for the feature itself - do you think it's worth submitting it as feature request somewhere?

Archived