Listed as unconnectable even though I opened ports.

nitsan01

Hello,

I used the port opening guide found here.

Here are screen shots of my router port-forwarding menu and a few utorrent windows which I thought relevant:

2agvr6u.jpg

vgsbv8.jpg

Just to get to the point where those torrents download in a third of the maximum speed I had to stop any finished torrents (and obviously those torrents should be downloaded in much higher speeds due to a large number of seeders and the tracker being private).

The only firewall on is the firewall of windows (and as you can see the option in utorrent to add an exception there is marked).

So any ideas on how do I get utorrent to fully work?

I can't help but notice that in the screenshot of the port forwarding configuration page you have not entered a complete IP address into the Server IP column. Without this, your router will not know which machine on the network for forward the traffic to.

I suggest that you configure your machine to use a static address so that you can guarantee your IP will always be the same. Do you know how to do this?

Hello,

Thanks for the comment.

I'm not sure how to do this but I have a guess.

I have a 'Clients List' menu with my computer listed there - and it has an IP address that didn't change the whole time I have this router (that starts with 192.168.0.). Can I use this address?

Why didn't ya type out the whole address? Private addresses like that are useless to others for connecting to you unless they use your router. Using the address the router says your computer has should work, but if it changes you'll need to update the portforward, and to keep it from changing create a static IPa.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived