tried everything and I still get "Not Connectable"

knowbodynos

Hey, I've been trying everything but to no avail. I'm running uTorrent 1.8.5 on windows XP. I have a Netgear router, and my ISP is Time Warner. I gave myself a static ip, and went though all the port forwarding stuff on my router (which is UPnP enabled). uTorrent is set to the correct port, and I've tried it both with and without UPnP mapping enabled. I have no antivirus program, and I set the exception for uTorrent in Windows Firewall. When that didn't work, I disabled Windows Firewall altogether, and I still get the red exclamation point. I've tried using different forwarded ports, different static ip's. This only started all of a sudden a few weeks ago, and I don't know what else I can try. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Yeah, I tried disabling UPnP and rebooting... no effect. I've tried using a static IP both inside and outside the router's DHCP range (I'm currently using 192.168.1.52 and the range is 2 - 51). No luck with that. And as for the modem... turns out it's an unmarked unit. No make or model numbers (I'm renting it from Time Warner). It seems to be a combo modem and router, but I have my own Netgear plugged in to it and I'm using that.

Also, I made sure to disable ALL firewalls ( Windows Firewall and Norton Internet Worm Protection). Security Center confirms that I have no firewalls running, and yet canyouseeme.org tells me that the connection times out.

Is Norton Internet Worm connected to any other Norton stuff? Also, a third party firewall doesn't remove its hooks, so disabling it is a lie, lots of stuff will still interfere.

If your modems a router, then everything you try will be a moot point. Also, unmarked? Someone rip a label off? Well, poke around the Netgear for its status page, and look at the WAN/Internet section to find out what IP Address is being assigned by the modem. What are the first two (208.67.-.-) octets?

Archived