Need help with seeding problem. Private tracker share ratio.

Coddie

Hey, im new. Hope i can explain my problem clearly. Well, i am a membe of a private tarcker and i am trying to get back on track with my share ratio. The file i am trying to seed at the moment is 100% complete and uTorrent is not showing very good upload speeds (0.5 - 9kbs at best). I use Netlimiter to monitor my internet and on that it shows uTorrent uploading at a reasonable 20kbps.

But also my dowload is around 15kpbs whick is odd because the file is 100% complete and should only be seeding. Under the uTorrent process in Netlimiter it is showing lots of different ip adresses also and how much dl/ul speed i am getting from them. Why is this happening, and will this affect how long it will take me to get my share ratio up on the private tracker i use? I can post some screenies if needed. Thanks

If you have a software firewall, network traffic flowing through it may appear as both download and upload in NetLimiter.

NetLimiter has caused uTorrent problems in the past.

What Speed Guide (CTRL+G) settings you're using?

What's the down/up max speeds for your connection, as measured by an online speed test? (do note most are in kilobits/sec!)

Netlimiter is showing Utorrent as the process using the bandwidth. I am using the windows firewall (Vista 64bit). I have a 7mb line and upload is around 35kb/s max. the speed guide in uTorrent is on default settings i think. Port seems to be forwarded properly if that makes any difference. I deleted the torrent from uTorrent but uTorrent is still downloading something at a steady 10kb/s

I enabled all Peer Traffic Logging and all Error Logging. Yeah, there is quite a lot of traffic. It is scrolling too fast to read.

Sorry forgot to mention i have a torrent seeding now so thats probably why so much traffic. at the moment my speeds on netlimiter and uTorrent seem to be fairly close. I will keep an eye on it and see how it goes

Archived