Speed problems after installing new browser.

viagna

Hello,

Recently I installed a new browser (Firefox) on my machine. Immediately upload and download speed went down to 2-3k on a 2 mbps connection. So I've got the following questions: can Firefox negatively affect torrent speed? If so, what should I do to change the situation? If not, what are the reasons for the speed can go down in such a way?

The required information:

I have Network Ok message. My connection is 2 mbps up/down cable. I had problems with McAffey firewall in the post, it was uninstalled a long time ago. I disabled windows firewall also. Ports are forwarded correctly. My ISP does not block torrent traffic.

The strange thing I noticed: when I open utorrent info, the download speed goes fast to 90 KBs (normal speed), than goes down to 1Kds. Afterwards the upload speed goes to 90KBs, than goes down to 1 KBs. And things stay that way. I am at a loss. Also I don't know what is "FasterFox" extension: I simply installed the latest package.

2 Ultima

Yes I uninstalled Firefox, but the problem persisted.

I managed to get part of speed back (up to 20 KBs up/down). It turned out that installation of Firefox activated the Windows firewall, so I had to disable it again. Yet it is still not a complete solution, so I would look for the next day, and if the speed won't be restored, would have to respectfully ask for help again. In any case, thank you very much for the prompt and professional help.

Archived