Bit of an odd one this, hope you can help!!

cheekyhawtdawg

Hi everyone,

I have used U Torrent for years, and in some places i get the right coloured lights (green or amber triangle) and tbh i am never fussed as long as my speed is up at the top end, which it always is.

I know exactly what my max bandwith is, especially where i am now and using private trackers always yields the best results and everything is fine.

Now recently i had the notification to update U torrent, so i did and like the new interface, with the new icons next to the torrents etc.. and the set up guide looked easy enough - cool.. BUT my speed has dropped right down to a 1/3 of what it should be.

Before this update i had either a yellow triangle or a red circle, it never made up its mind what it was doing lol but one thing was that my downloads were always maxed which is all i care about ;-) But since the new update, i have a green tick.. ALWAYS!!, which obviously would indicate everything was spot on.. hmm, but not the speed!!

So, any ideas? I have gone through all the set up guides, faq's etc, and nothing.. but just confused obviously as to why it is now always giving me a green tick but the speed is soooo slow!!

Thank in advance for any advice.

Dawg.

Hi there

Thanks for the reply, been away hence not getting back to you sooner.

Ok, went into the "advanced" menu but couldn't find the bt tcp rate option, however i did find the other one which was already set to "false".

Have also been into "Bittorrent" sub menu and the option nearest to what you describe i believe is: Limit Local Peer Bandwith? Which by default is "unchecked"..

So i am kinda stuck really.. it's such a pain as i know from downloading direct from a site that my bandwith is ok and is still fine, and also if i take the lappy to work and use their connection i am getting max out there it just seems to be the way my u torrent is seeing my router for some reason, but i haven't changed anything since i moved here 1 year ago with the exception of updating the U torrent - and as i said before, even more confusing is that i get a green light CONSTANTLY!!

Any more ideas would definately be welcome.. ;-)

Many thanks

Dawg.

Oh hang on.. no i'm not lol.. well i was to start with, then went back a version as it seemed to be better but not anymore. I will download the new version (2.0) and try those settings you suggest.

Thanks again for all your help.

Dawg

EDIT: Right, have installed the newer version 2.0, changed the settings as you suggested, then rebooted my laptop and router and i am at least getting average 94kb/s which yeh i know is crap, but it's a start.. max i get here (cos of my distance from the exchange) is 230kb/s, so i am still a long way off what i should be getting, and two of the files have plenty of seeders and are from private trackers (the ones that always max out at the 230kb/s) so not sure what to do now..

Oh, and yes, still have the constant green light!!! How mad???

Any more tips would be greatly appreciated.

Dawg

Hey

Well just a lil update, i have just set some things to download as i am going into work later n thought while i was there they could be happily trundling down, but thought as i am here at home i will get them started for at least a little while, and they all loaded up, not that many seeds (but all on the private tracker as always) and hey presto, back to normal - green light still but downloading at 225kb/s which is max for me here. How weird is that? I haven't changed a thing since i last posted, and the day after that it was like a snail!! Well i am not touching anything, and just hope it carries on ok haha

Thanks for all your help anyways!!

One happy dawg!! ;-)

Archived