Download speed not good.

terptm

I've got some download speed issues.

I've got a 12Mbit/1Mbit connection.

Downloading from a private FTP-server i get 1.0MB/s and just downloaded 750MB in 9minutes and 48seconds.

But.... when i'm downloading using Falcon 2.1 Alpha the DL-Speed is max. 600KB/s with drops to 100. I DL only from private trackers so i know i can get more than 2MB/s if my ADSL could make that.

I've tried a couple of ADSL2+ modems: Sagem Fast 3202, Speedtouch 706 and 706 WL, Siemens Gigaset SX764 and the Technicolor (Thomson) TG712.

I´m running Windows 7 Ultimate on a Quadcore 2.66 with 3GB usable memory (32bit)

I am using the settings for 10Mbit from http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58404

I've never had this problem before when i wasn't running Falcon.

Ever since upgrading to 18429, I've noticed some severely degraded bandwidth. I've set my download rate limit at 1.2M, and for a while it uses that... but then it drops off after an unknown period, and all torrents drop to 3-4kbps max. Many are in the sub-1k range.

I am seeing the exact same behavior as Signe. Starting Utorrent Falcon 18429 everything works fine, then after a period of time, each torrent drops to a 1-3kbps max speed. Restarting the program resets the issue, giving normal speeds, and then yet again after a period of time the same issue occurs.

I've already gone through the speed troubleshooter suggestions, and none have had any impact on this bug.

I have also had a speed problem with the newest build of Falcon since installing it. I did not have a prior version of Falcon so I don't have a comparison to other builds, but I tried several speed guides and my download would never go above about 50 kb/s. I reinstalled 2.0 Build 18488, maintaining all the same settings and the download instantly jumped to 500 kb/s.

Sounds like separate issues, in my and signe's case, we have normal speeds on start up, and then after a period of some time, each torrent drops down to 1-4kbps speed, with a utorrent restart starting the process over again.

I am still seeing it, I've gone through the speed troubleshooter, and none of the suggested changes have any impact on this issue, and it has only happened since the last update.

The hard drive was new, and is under 10% utilization (and is the same as before the latest update), no fragmentation. internal sata (no external interface to cause any bottlenecks).

I've eliminated the router as any potential cause (unlikely anyway since a simple restart of utorrent brings back normal speeds for a time), but in any event, removed the router, and directly connected the computer to the cable modem, rebooted, same problem.

Baffling. Sure it must be a bug in the latest build.

edit: just want to confirm that the problem still persists after upgrading to 18518

EDIT: In playing with the settings, I found that unchecking "Enable cache of disk writes" eliminated the problem entirely.

Jalandar, I am having the same problem 200k drops down to 4k. Brand new HDD, starts fast and then drops. Disk Cache 100% (or some error that sounds like that). Write cache shows it is full and way over: 3.1gigs of 128mb. I'm not sure where the 3.1gb comes from as this happens after downloading 200mbs.

I had to drop back to the non-falcon version.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Dual core with 2gb memory.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived