seeds, but no downloads

Just installed utorrent and am trying a torrent file I have used before, so I know there are seeds and downloads available.

I am getting a reading of 0 (1648) for seeds and 0 (121) peers. That leads me to believe that it is seeing the "outside world" but my download and upload speeds are zero

I have changed the port number to use the same port that Azureus uses, so I know that the router is going to be good to go...

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

You're probably getting a tracker error, too. Basically, the torrent scrape is obtained correctly but the peer list is not -- removing the torrent and using a fresh copy (redownloading) the .torrent file from the original website might fix the problem. If not, you can submit the .torrent file to ludde for investigating..

I have basically the same problem : trying to seed a torrent that's already complete, scrape ok, tracker error "peer not found" and nothing.

Unfortunately, I can't send you the torrent since it's a private tracker :(

But I think I noticed something else this morning (same tracker) : I was the very first downloader on a torrent, with one seeder (who has lots of bandwidth, so that's not the problem) and the download didn't start unless another downloader showed up.

I used two other trackers (including mininova), but since they had dozens of downloaders, I can't tell for sure if the same thing would've happened. In practice, it was OK though...

Archived