UTorrent on hard drive problem - HELP PLEASE

adiovox

Ok so I've downloaded maybe a total of 20gigs on utorrent (maybe about 4-5 files) and when it's at around 5%+ each done, I canceled it ASAP because I decided I didn't want it anymore. My Harddrive had 21gigs before, and after I canceled all the files it only has like 400MB. I think that the files I was planning to download all got saved onto my hard drive. How can I delete these files? Because I've tried looking all over my doc's, but nothings there. Thanks alot and please respond ASAP.

In theory, you should be able to right-click on the torrent in uTorrent's main window and select Remove And... Delete torrent + data. For me, that's a hit and miss. Simply go into your download directory and delete the folder (most likely) that carries the name of the torrent. That should be where your disk space is tied up. (Could of course be that you have an active Recycle Bin, in which case it might be time for the weekly garbage collection...)

Well the thing was that I DLed utorrent, downloaded files, canceled them, and after I saw that the files were on my comp I immediantly uninstalled utorrent (pretty stupid thing of me to do). I reinstalled it and looked in my "UTorrent" folder in my hard drive and theres only the EXE. Also I recyled my bin but I still didn't regain 20gigs. It has to be stored somewhere else, where should I look for it? (I already looked in computer: local disk)

Archived