TCPIP Patch----How many torrents can I seed?

Bildo818

I'm about to install the DD-WRT firmware. I see after I do this, to isntall the TCPIP patch and have it set to 100. Now, all over these forums, I see people say to not have more than one torrent active. What does this mean? I consistanly download atleast 5 torrents at a time, and I also seed about 10-60 torrents at a time. Will this patch messup if I am downloading and seeding all these torrents?

Not really sure what this patch does, and the site its on, I see no info about it either.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Bildo-

The patch sets the number of half-open outgoing TCP connections (as in, connections that have not fully been established) that a program can make.

The # of torrents active has to do with your connection speed, it has little to do with anything else. Running too many torrents is not good with most typical broadband connections.

So limit my uploads to a reasonable number you say? I typically leave every torrent open and in the seeding phase. Right now, I only have 5 torrents seeding, and I am not connected to ANY peers :-<

Hopefully using the DD-WRT firmware will help that....

So no matter what, still use the patch at 100, just don't seed 60 torrents.....what in your opinion, would be a comfortable seeding amount be? I seed 24/7 so I leave all my seed windows open, just because I am at work, so why not seed? Thanks for the response----another reason uTorrent is really changing my mind about Azureus. With Az, I was stuck with no help, so it was all trial and error. I really appreciate the help!

-Bildo-

Archived