tracker files: sorting bug

brewster1134

running uTorrent for Mac 0.9.3.5 (18975) -- (i noticed this in the previous version i was running as well)

when you are look at the Files tab for a tracker, many times, sorting by name seems to be in a random order. i usually notice it with files starting with (01, 02, 03, etc)

however....

eventually i noticed that the underlying files were being sorted properly, but just the displayed file names are mixed up.

for example....

sorting by filename will appear NOT sorted and show....

04 Track 04.mp3

01 Track 01.mp3

05 Track 05.mp3

02 Track 02.mp3

03 Track 03.mp3

but if i right click any file and 'Show In Finder', it references the proper file that should be displayed in the sort.

if i 'Show in Finder' '04 Track 04.mp3'.... it opens finder with '01 Track 01.mp3' highlighted.

if i 'Show in Finder' '05 Track 05.mp3'.... it opens finder with '03 Track 03.mp3' highlighted.

etc....

this problem first started when i only wanted to only download a select few tracks from a torrent, but when i went to go find the files, the wrong ones had been downloaded because i selected the files i wanted to download based on the displayed name. but really they were in a different order altogether.

hope this helps

Archived