Upload speed problem

saer

Hi,

I read _alot_ of posts on this forum trying to find a sollution, tested alot of stuff, none worked, obviously :)

I have no problems downloading, I'm at a constant 1.0MB/sec download but my upload is bouncing between 5-40kb/sec and I have a 10mbit connection up/down full duplex.

Friend of mine has no problems at all and we have the same isp. Only difference I know is our systems. What can make it so slow?

I'm running µTorrent 1.4.2 Build 428 Beta. Tried enabling peer.lazy_bitfield, manual diskio.write_queue_size. I have no firewalls, no hardware what so ever between comp and network outlet. I get Network OK message, use a Realtek RTL8139/810x NIC, portforward test works, ISP has no limitations, none I know anyway.

Haven't tried other clients, guess that's next step just to see if it's "µTorrent-specific". Maybe i'll do that tomorrow.

Oh, I have no problems with other p2p software, FTP or whatever. Everything else is working as it should.

Thanks

Upload cap is at 1120kB/sec, alternate is disabled, I have 25 upload slots. Regarding peers it says 1 (69) on one of the torrents, I'm kinda new to bitorrent scene but that means I'm uploading to 1 of 69 people that need the file?

It's weird, it's like they connect and then disconnect all the time.. Some people stay on, I'm thinking my isp is having problems but I've tested my connection by FTP and it runs at max up and down. Can it have anything to do with hashfails and bans? I keep thinking it has something to do with utorrent and my raid setup but that would be strange I guess :)

I've had some isp problems a few days ago but since it's working now for everything else I don't see why it would cause problems now.

Got work in 4 hours, sweet! Zombiemode tomorrow, I like it :)

Is it common that upload speed bounce around alot? Cause as it is now it could be at 0.5-10KB/sec for a ~30 seconds then it goes up to 1MB/sec for about 10 secs just to go back down again. 30 peers connected to me. only one torrent up and running. 50 upload slots, changed cause of upgrade.

Downloading is no problem.

Hi I am to having upload speed capped? no matter how many torrents i have seeding the upload speed never goes above 50kB/s i am with NTL and have 10 m/b modem cable connection,would ntl be capping some how?if they are is there a program that you can use to bypass?down loadind is no problem on some sites it can reach upto 500 kB/s .Cheers Barry

Archived